FastelFilm HPA-2500 Heat Activated Adhesive Film
As a dry-to-the-touch adhesive film, FastelFilm HPA-2500 can be die cut to match a wide range of mounting and sealing applications areas. Once the adhesive pad is heated to or past its melt point temperature and cooled, the adhesive is set.
- Melt point temperature: 120C (low viscosity @ melt)
- Maximum continuous operating temperature: 80C
- PE / synthetic rubber thermoplastic adhesive
- Non-thermoset adhesive system (reworkable)
- Inert thermoplastic formulation | solvent free
- HPA-2500 (dry at room temperature film surface)
- HPA-2500-PT (tacky at room temperature film surface)
- Bond flat and non-flat surfaces
- Dry film at room temperature (standard)
- Ideal for bonding heat sensitive substrates or reagents
- Free standing film available in a range of thicknesses
- 100% substrate surface coating available (films and foils)
- Discrete substrate placement capability
- Drop-in-place dry pad installation | clean adhesive assembly
- Optional release liner backings (PET film or paper)
- Optional liner release values (EZ to high release values)
- Available in rolls, sheets or die cuts
- Melt point: 250F | 120C (full liquid state)
- Continuous operating temperature: -30C to 80C (post bonding)
- Chemistry: PE/synthetic rubber themroplastic (non-thermoset)
- RoHS | REACH | Halogen Free Compliant
Standard Cross Section
Standard Film Thickness
- 0.038mm - 0.0015"
- 0.08mm - 0.003"
- 0.13mm - 0.005"
- 0.25mm - 0.010"
- 0.38mm - 0.015"
- 0.51mm - 0.020"
- Custom film thickness available
- HPA-2500: Dry Film
- HPA-2500-PT: Tacky film
- Differential (barrier substrate film with FastelFilm one side and high strength pressure sensitive other side)
Release Liner Types
- White paper release liner
- Clear PET (polyester) release liner (multiple thicknesses and adhesive film release characteristics available depending on installation requirement)
- Release liner printing available (2 color)
- Master rolls
- Custom and Narrow slit rolls
- Die cut individuals
- Multiple die cuts per sheet
- Die cut continuous reels
- Laser cut (precision tolerance)
Coating & Adhesive Color
- Free standing film (standard)
- 100% substrate surface coating
- Discrete adhesive placement on substrate
- Color: Clear | Hazy
- Custom coloring available
- Aluminum foil
- Copper foil
- Stainless steel foil
- Polyimide film
- Polypropylene film
- Customer defined substrate
DOE Testing (design of experiment)
Preparation | Installation Guidelines
CORONA TREATED SURFACES Corona treated surface modification may be a benefit depending on substrate material type. Customer testing required.TEXTURED SURFACES Textured surface may be a benefit in order to create more surface area depending on substrate type. Customer testing required.ADHESION PROMOTERS It is important for customers to determine compatability of adhesive promoter treatment.
Full Bond Heating Temp
No set heating time required. Dependent on thermal conductivity of substrates and heating devices. Minimum melt point must be acheived. No complex ramp up and ramp down patterns required unless other materials require this during the heating process.
Cooling (set) Time
Adhesive should be allowed to adequately cool below its melt point before applying stress. It is recommended (not required) to maintain pressure during cooling to promote surface contact during this process. Forced direct air systems okay to accelerate cooling.
Re-Work or Clean Up
Click here to learn more about our recommended heating equipment partners.